- had good results at the Schools Head & Junior Head;
- had two top 40 finishes in the Women's 8 HoRR;
- done exceptionally well at GB trials;
- 3 MRC boys and 1 MRC coach have been selected to represent GB in May in Munich;
- formally been awarded the £1m grant by Sport England, together with a launch event heavily reported in the press and TV;
- launched our Watersports Hub webpage;
- launched our fundraising drive for £400,000 and raised nearly £100,000 of that; including £10,000 from Marlow Town Regatta and Festival and another £1,000 in memory of Jim Campbell;
- received the final planning permission for the building;
- converted to a charity and wound up the old club;
- been confirmed as one of only two Host Clubs for the Para-rowing Elite Talent Development Pathway;
- started appointment of the structural engineer, environmental consultant and other specialists;
- undertaken pre-qualification of tenderers for the building contract (ongoing);
- consulted further on the internal layout of the new building and started making changes to reflect that feedback;
- the winning dinner auction bidder has had her prize of rowing with Katherine Grainger, Anna Watkins and Sarah Winckless; and
- most amazingly of all, turned the green safety light on and got out rowing on the river (a novel idea!) with Learn to Row and Buckinghamshire New University novice crews out too...
Just one plea to members: if you have not renewed your membership DO IT NOW. We have a lot of members who have not renewed yet, and in our current state we absolutely cannot afford to lose membership income. If you have specific financial hardship reasons for non-payment please speak to the Captain, Chairman or me: we don’t want anyone to stop rowing because they can’t afford it but please don't avoid paying your dues unecessarily.
Finally a warning - Thames Water have leaked sewage in the Thames below the lock - if you're rowing there be warned!
Ed Phillips, Club Secretary