What is happening? The Wycombe Wanderers squad will be coming to Marlow RC for some pre-season training on Thursday 18th July 2013. We'll be running a FirstRow Corporate Rowing Day for them: In the morning they will be taught how to row and put through their paces on the rowing machines in the club. They will then go on the water for training, and after lunch, side-by-side racing.
What is there to watch?
- 9.45 - 1pm: Water Training: The WW players will be split into 6 teams (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange, White) and each team will be put in a rowing boat with MRC cox (steering). The Yellow, Orange and White teams will go at 9.45 and the rest at 11.15
- 1pm Lunch on the balcony
- 2pm Racing: There will be a series of side-by-side races over 400m from 2pm with a final at 3.30pm or a little after.
- 3.45pm - Prize Ceremony
Where to watch/park: You are welcome to watch the activity on the water from the Higginson Park (town/Buckinghamshire) side of the river between Higginson Park and Marlow Bridge. There is parking at the George and Dragon pub and in the council car part at Court Gardens Leisure complex just on the other side of Higginson Park.
Auctions - WW Shirt and WW Executive Box Package
As part of Wanderers visit to Marlow, we have two great auctions to help MRC rebuild and provide sporting opportunities to the community:
Lot 1: Shirt signed by the squad
A 125th anniversary home shirt signed by the entire squad (pictured with Gareth Ainsworth). The club reverted back to the halves as it was the same style shirt worn in the inaugural season – 1887.
Lot 2: Executive Box for Match of your choice*
The executive box package includes:
- Accommodation of up to 12 guests
- Fully fitted, quality furnished, glass fronted box with air conditioning, mini bar and Sky TV
- Direct access to 12 reserved balcony seats
- Player visit before the game
- Reserved car parking spaces
- Full drinks service available
- Complimentary matchday programmes
- Teamsheets delivered to your box
Wycombe Wanderers tell us that the normal cost of this is up to £695+VAT before food.
* Match of your choice this season, subject to availability, and usual Wycombe Wanderers rules/terms. For example it should be possible to get the box for:
- Saturday 4th Jan v AFC Wimbledon
- Saturday 18th Jan v Oxford United
- Tuesday 28th Jan v Portsmouth
- Saturday 19th Apr v Northampton